Saturday 4 December 2010

Diary Entry #1

As you all know this is a student blog.
We had weekend tasks to write 4 diary entries based on the topic
"Your country has been invaded by a foreign country"


24th May 2010
It's my birthday today and I just turned 17 years old. I'm fortunate enough to be alive on this day. Birthdays are usually supposed to be full of pleasant thoughts and happiness and all sorts of things like that right? You couldn't be more wrong. I am filthy, broken, damaged and threatened by death. My country has been at war now for 18 days. I am actually counting and praying that the next day wouldn't be my last.
I have no clue where my parents are, no clue whose alive and whose not. I'm simply alone. Breathing but without reason except hope. I never imagined to be celebrating my birthday with tears sliding into the cracks on my lips and giving me the burning sensation that helps reminds me of the fact that I'm still alive and that this is all REAL. 
Loud thunders exploding around me, followed by horrific cries that I assure would make you wish you were deaf. 18 days of pure violence. What I simply cannot comprehend is why hasn't it stopped? What happens when it does? Will it ever be the same as it was before? Will I ever see my family and friends again? I wish you could answer these questions for me Diary. Your the only escape I have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment