Friday 10 December 2010

Diary Entry #3

As you all know this is a student blog.
We had weekend tasks to write 4 diary entries based on the topic
"Your country has been invaded by a foreign country

26th May 2010
Good morning Diary. Its 4am and I am having difficulty sleeping, It feels as though my lungs are refusing to help me breathe. I think it's from all the ash and dust in the air. I'm living in what I would call a "box". Its literally a small room with no windows and only one small hole in the left corner. How I could actually allow myself to stay in such a small and unhygienic room is still lingering in my mind. Oh yes of course, we're in the middle of a bloody war! How could I forget. Oh diary, I wonder how mum and dad are doing. How is everyone doing? There are five people in this room with me and we barely talk to each other. Everyone is in their own world I guess. Everyone is trying their best not to face the truth. What's the truth? The truth is Diary, everyone is dead. The ones we loved. The ones who loved us. EVERYONE. Its sad, no one can deny that, but that's the truth. I sit here with a small candle and a pen and paper writing with tears crawling down my face because I know what the truth is. There's really no point living in denial and trying to make sense of the situation and hoping for a better day. To be honest, I'm just waiting for death to come and take me away from this hell. For me to die and reunite with my family and loved ones. Oh Diary, how I wish it would be that simple. Till next time then. x

No comments:

Post a Comment