Friday 5 November 2010

Perfection Doesn't Exist.


Where shall I begin? Lets start with with the word PERFECTION shall we? What's the definition of perfection? Perfection means the state of being without a flaw or defect. The question I am asking you is, is perfection attainable? I'm sure you all are thinking of course it is, we just have to work hard for it. But is it really?

There are many types of perfections, there's the perfect body, the perfect life, the perfect family, the perfect appearance etc. Who started the trend of being perfect? Take for example supermodels and how the ideal woman for a guy would have to be slim and petite. Who are the ones who put that idea and image into their heads in the first place? There is no such thing as a perfect body. You could work out for hours everyday and still wouldn't be able to beat the wrinkles or freckles that might or would form on your skin. Beauty plays such a small role in being perfect, personality to me plays a much bigger role. If you don't own an awesome personality then I'm sorry, your not perfect to me. What is the "perfect" personality or appearance anyway? Being tall dark and handsome and be able to be a polite and generous person? Honestly tell me how many human beings are that flawless?

Now lets move on to the perfect family and the perfect life shall we? Hmm.. the perfect family would obviously be a happy marriage between a loved up couple with smart and talented children who enjoy reading    and a husband who works hard and still has time to spend with the family and have barbecues on Sunday mornings etc. How superficial is that? How fake is that? What about the perfect life? To have a handsome looking partner in life who adores you and to have an awesome job and a beautiful figure along with no problems and just sunshine all the time. How is that even possible? Seriously, think about it. Life can never be perfect. At least not That Perfect.

You may think money would solve problems or you also may think beauty would bring happiness, but does it really? Money and beauty would probably come with a lot of problems, wouldn't it? If you are rich and beautiful and everyone thinks your life is 'perfect' and all your really feeling is sad and depressed, how could that be called perfection? You may have money and the looks, but how would you know who your real friends are? How would  you know they aren't just using you to get to your money?

My dear readers, I hope my ramblings about perfection has allowed you to see things the way I do. I don't aspire to be perfect at all. I would rather live my life and enjoy every moment of without worrying about the way I look or how much money I have. I am an individual and I do not live to fit into what people would call the 'perfect' world. I would not stress about how I should be perfect and flawless. Because my flaws is what makes me who I am. Perfection is a myth, and living without flaws is a flaw in itself.

That's another ramble that hopefully made sense :)
x

1 comment:

  1. I like your take on "Perfection"
    The world lives on the "myth" that money can buy happiness.
    in my mid 30s, I had it all, Money, Looks & Charm. with all that a part of me was still kinda empty, cuz i was always busy chasinn the $$$. and missing the thru JOY of life!
    So i went on a Soul serching moment.
    and when i turned 40, I desided not to chase the $$$ anymore!
    And truth be told, Im much more HAppy Now!
    My thru Love is my Family.
    Live ,Love,Life!
    Life is not just about the destanation, you have to enjoy the journey "smell the roses along the way".
    Saalam Prince Khaliffah J

    ReplyDelete