Friday 5 November 2010

Torture.


Is it really fair to put us through what I would refer to as TORTURE? This is MY opinion though. I'm a student and I'm going to be sitting for the IGCSE exams at the end of the academic year. This will be around May to June. To be honest there is no way that high school is a walk in the park. My mind and body is going to seriously give up on me if I continue this. Weekdays are being filled to the brim with homework and house work and on weekends were expected to stay home and study.

Don't you think its quite a lot to take in? School from 8am until 2pm (if there's staybacks then were in school till 4pm) I have staybacks everyday except on Thursdays. I come home literally exhausted. It's as though the school is force feeding us education. They should seriously try to at least give us a break.

I understand that the time is insufficient and that we need to finish the syllabus and pass our exams. Why give it to us to a point where we can't even breathe. Some of us don't even have time for ourselves. Our social life will have no choice but to be put on hold to make way for our 'education'. When does it all end? Because if you really think about it, after hight school we will have college or universities to think about, and I am sure that the stress in that stage would be greater than what were going through now.

I guess it is beneficial too, if you try to comprehend why they're pasting the word stress onto our foreheads. It's like the school is preparing us and making us stronger by pushing us to an extreme so that we wont have a shock when we get into stages of our lives where the situation is harder than just 'high school'.

 I still can't deny that I'm exhausted. I keep telling myself "only a couple more months, then it'll all be over". If only.

Hope this ramble wasn't too draggy. ;)
x

No comments:

Post a Comment